As beautiful as ‘fall’ is, I am a SUMMER girl. I am already missing my hot, sunny summer days swimming in the pool and jogging into the sunset.
Now that the days are shorter and the temperatures are colder, I have been changing up my workout routines. I have officially taken over the 5:45am ‘POWER’ lifting class at my gym a few days each week, which makes me just want to sit on the couch at watch TV by the time 9pm rolls around and I get home from coaching or grad school.
After a long day … which is everyday, I LOVE a nice little “bite of something sweet” after dinner/before bed. A bowl of popcorn, some mango sorbet, a bowl of grapes or a cup of hot cocoa usually fills my fix.
However, when I was at the grocery store this past week, I saw that 23.5oz cans of pumpkin were on sale for just $1.50 – that’s a steal! I stocked up. It brought me back to my college days when I would mix pumpkin and yogurt for lunch … year around 🙂
When I got home, I went into the kitchen to whip up something tasty and here is what I came up with – (cue music) dun dun na NA!!! – Pumpkin Soufflé ❤
Here’s the super-simple recipe:
- 2 cups of canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ scoop protein powder
- Whipped cream for topping (try making your own)
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl
3. Whip together with a fork or immersion blender
4. Pour into 3-4 oven-safe single-serve ramekins
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the mixture is “set”
6. Serve hot plain or with cinnamon or whipped cream on top, or store covered in the fridge for up to three days
I am going to try making this with cooked pumpkin and butternut squash next week – will post updates 🙂