This past weekend, I crawled into my car at 6am on Saturday morning to drive to the gym,
and the thermometer read 26 degrees!
- It has been a pretty warm fall, but it dawned on me – fall is leaving and winter is almost here.
- Unfortunately, we cannot use “winter” as an excuse to stay inside cuddled up and not leave the house for 4 months. But when we are inside, we need to turn on some “holiday music” and make some yummy treats!
- Between work, grad school, coaching and training, this was my first “free” weekend in a long time. So don’t feel that you need to be a kitchen connoisseur to make this easy recipe (I certainly am not).
This soup is delicious, has tons of veggies, and is free of cream, butter and extra fats (although you can add those in too if you wish)
- 1 medium butternut squash (or pumpkin)
- 1 pound of carrots
- 1 large (or 2 small) sweet potatoes
- 1 large (or 2 medium) onions
- 1/4″ ginger root
- 5 garlic cloves
- 32 oz chicken stock (or your favorite stock)
- Olive oil
- ***Plain Greek Yogurt
- ***Sesame Seeds
- ***Fresh Cilantro
- ***Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 extra large pan
- 1 large stock pot
- 1 spatula
- Immersion blender or regular blender